Society of Saint Vincent de Paul
Vincentians believe in personal contact with those they serve. Vincentians visit the needy in pairs and tailor assistance to meet individual needs. The following are forms of help most often provided by local conferences:
- Emergency food assistance
- Food banks
- Visits to "shut-ins" and the sick
- Visits and friendship to the incarcerated
- Summer camp sponsorship for needy children
- Vouchers for clothing and household goods in our resale stores
- Prayers for the poor, the outcast, the marginalized
The Society of Saint Vincent de Paul has been a vital part of National Council of india life since 1953. Through personal contact and visits with our clients, the Society tries to provide assistance to those in need. Vincentians strive to address the root causes of poverty and injustice. Catholic in character, it is open to all who wish to live their faith by serving the poor with love and hope.
The Society relies on its members to generously give of their time, talent and treasure. Funding for projects, programs and assistance comes from Vincentians, supporters, parish poor boxes and fund raising activities.
"The order of the Society rests on two virtues: justice and charity.
But justice already presupposes much love..."